Thursday 11 April 2013

The cyborgization of humanity and MFBWA street style favourites


The East coast is alive with the glitterati of the Fashion world, with the likes of Christina Cenenera, Susie Bubble and Hanne Gaby Odiele gracing sydney siders. Each refresh of my instagram feed could be likened to that of Christmas morning, with beautiful prints, accessories and the 'editor' over shoulder cape traipsing across every second post. I sit, and wallow in HSC sadness at not being able to be there first hand, in the thick of the madness that comes with this week. It got me thinking though, the cyborgization of humanity is illicitly illustrated with this event, (along with the inherent ability of long distance stalking.) Iphone's, Blackberry's and Galaxies, the core accessory of any 'fashionista' are present in every designer bag and with noses securely glued to screens, and the occasional, 'wait there, that is beyond' the fashion posse scramble to open instagram. The Fashion World renews itself every minute it seems. This has become the norm, with everything accessible minutes after it happens. Each blogger eager to show case, the latest looks, trends, food [Foodstagrams are on a whole other level] first and present the most coverage, as it happens.  Also, with so many social media outlets, I find myself, in the words of Leandra [Man Repeller] going into 'digital cardiac arrest', with so much that is aesthetically pleasing, it's hard to absorb the information at the rate it's being produced. At any rate, I will still continually refresh my feeds waiting for that 'not so candid' shot of sartorial elegance, that I'll without even pausing, double tap.

I digress, here are my favourite looks so far!






























Images sourced from Vogue, Harper's Bazaar and Instagram


What are your thoughts on humanities cyborgization?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...